E-PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions By using the Brown Fox Ltd T/A Leeming Brothers Online Payment facilities you are confirming these Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions These terms and conditions apply to all online card transactions made to Leeming Brothers. Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facilities. We may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with Leeming Brothers.
1. Using the online payment facilities on our website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use our online payment facilities. All online payments are subject to these conditions.
2. Your payment will normally reach our bank account within three working days via Payzone (our e-commerce payment provider). We cannot accept any liability for delayed payments.
3. We cannot accept liability for payments being recorded on the wrong account if you supply inaccurate information, but will make every effort to reallocate any such payments if they arise.
4. We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
5. If your card supplier declines payment, we are under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
6. The data that you provide during online payment transactions are securely held by Leeming Brothers or our e-commerce provider under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment and for accounting processes. Your data will be treated confidentially and with the utmost care and respect. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party, except in respect of data that it is necessary to provide to our e-commerce provider who will process this information on our behalf. In limited, exceptional circumstances we may be required to disclose data to other third parties, for example where this is necessary to comply with the law. Our e-commerce provider will retain some personal information so that we can access payment records in the event of queries or incomplete payment information. Any credit or debit card details given by you will not be retained in their entirety. Information will only be retained for a reasonable period and then destroyed securely.
7. In no event will Leeming Brothers be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
8. Refunds, if applicable, will be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
Your contact information including email address, address, and telephone numbers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information to mainly process orders, but also to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
Searching our databases to allow us to find you for repeat orders.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our databases are cloud based, (FileMaker and Mail Chimp) both of which are secure and GDPR compliant. Each account is protected by different passwords, which are only accesed on two computers, both of which are protected by different passwords, only known to 2 people in the company.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing via email newsletters.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about offers and discounts we have running unless you have requested that we do not do this.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Leeming Brothers Fine Stationery
41 Purdeys Way
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.